We've taken the heading for disaster, but at least the crew is the best possible. There's nothing quite like sinking with a ship full of the finest you can find.

Monday, May 5, 2008

Before the last meet

Ok, so tomorow is the day. The pre prod is done to a certain degree and if you ask me it's sounding fuckin' great. I'm still a bit hesitant about tomorow though. Well actually more like scared shitless, to tell you the truth, heh hee. Sami has done some radical shit, but with excelent taste in my opinion. I just hope the guys have an open mind and like what's been done. And what the hell, we can always go backwards, so I'm not loosing sleep over this.

I do know though that some of them have had some disastrous pre-production session in the past, so there's propably going to be some tension in the air, but I think the modifications will speak for themselves. And if they don't, I know Sami well enough, that I can guarantee he's got some heavy justifications for everything he's done. So hopefully we can chat through the songs and get on the same level about everything through compromises and some re-arranging maybe.

Actually there were some parts clipped off that even I might end up fighting for. I've been listening to some of these tunes for half a decade already, so cutting off pieces feels even to me like taking limbs off a baby, so I can't even imagine how it has to be for the guys in the band. And I mean, I don't mind loosing a few fingers and toes here and there, if it makes the bigger picture solid, but everyone needs two arms, two legs and some genitalia.

And I have to add, as I said before, Sami is truely the man for the job, he's got excellent ideas, a seemsless vision of the whole package and he even seems to be enjoying every minute he spends working on this stuff. There's going to be some seriously twisted shit in a really good way of course. We hope to add stuff like accordeon, harmonica, hammond, tamburine, maybe even some moog-type stuff, I'm talking all the works to make everything top notch. And Sami seems to have adopted everyone of these tunes already, as he has effortlessly made solid organ tracks, acoustic guitars and even little ideas for possible vibes of the lead parts here and there. So hats off to the man.

I actually just realized, I'm not only scared shitless, I'm also eagerly awaiting for tomorow! I have a good vibe about the whole project, there might be something great in the making here. I'll give you the new bearings after the session, so we'll see how this goes.

No comments: